On the day I arrived to start getting 24ZN ready for her flight to her new home in France, this crowd of little chaps were gathered in the field opposite the barn in which she’s stored watching me approach.
They were a small herd of fourteen cheeky little goats and it appeared that the corner of the field facing the barn is their favourite spot.
They were always keen to see what I was up to while I was working and stared at me through the gaps in the fence rails all chewing happily away. But as soon as I walked towards them they turned their backs and casually walked off looking back over their shoulders.
But they had a laugh at my expense. On the second day there was no sign of them – until I turned the corner and found fourteen little horned heads bobbing around in the barn behind the aircraft. They’d managed to force a small opening in the gate to take shelter from the light drizzle that had been falling and weren’t keen on heading back out again.
I eventually managed to shoo them back into their field through the adjacent larger gate but even as I was doing so the cheeky little devils were having another go at the other one and even after I’d propped it shut with a piece of fence post three of them together had their shoulders against it trying to get it to open again.
But the best laugh for them was that the whole time that they’d been in the barn, athough they hadn’t done any damage, they’d been pooing. And then stomping in it. It took me over an hour to clean it up before I could start working on 24ZN.
Although they had obviously been climbing over a lot of things in the barn, as goats do, luckily this didn’t include the aircraft and their little horns hadn’t damaged the fabric either. So no harm was done and I was able to continue getting 24ZN ready to go over the next couple of days. Here are some more shots taken after I’d finished.
And as the rain lightly falls while I’m typing this (on my phone), in the barn she remains and the waiting game continues. On the present showing there seems little possibility of my getting away during this coming week due to continuing poor weather. Whether I’ll be able to the week after I’ll just have to wait and see 😐