Progress

At last! Yesterday the guys came in and made a great start on the base for my new tool store as well as an area for me to position the caravan on when I move it back up to the top of my land. I’m really pleased because as well as knowing that the weather will be favourable while the base is being laid, from the current forecast, it’ll also be fine when I can eventually move the caravan. I’d hate to have to move it on upward sloping muddy ground and wet grass which could always be a possibilty now that the year is advancing towards autumn and winter.

Here are some shots that I took this morning before work started again.

null

null

null

null

The guys arrived about half an hour ago and as I type this they are already pouring concrete. The biggest problem today will be falling acorns. Earlier on I cleared away all of the acorns that had fallen overnight but after they arrived there was already a fair sized new crop on the black plastic membrane that we laid on the earth under the reinforcing steel. We’ll just have to hope that the ones that fall before the concrete starts to harden can be cleared off, after which it shouldn’t matter how many more fall onto it.

The good news is that as soon as the base has been laid I’ll be able to move the caravan up top, which is what I intend to do this week-end. I’ll not wait until my own electricity supply has been connected as there’s a possibility that the weather might have changed by then. In the meantime I’ll just have to live with a connection to my neighbour’s house that’s 50% longer than at present. It worked before and hopefully it shouldn’t be for too long anyway. But at last I can see some evidence of progress on the ground, and that’s where it matters 😉

Leave a Comment