Only my workshop rewiring, not the installation of my new ‘baie coulissante’, the work that I really want to see completed before the weather changes for the worse. Even so, it was a relief to see the end of the electrical work as it was well past due and in such a poor state that it could well have led to an accident at some time in the future. It took all day again, mind, and I didn’t finish until 6.00 pm having dashed down to les Briconautes in Montignac as planned first thing to buy the extra junction box that I needed together with a couple more short lengths of cable.
But I think that at the end of the day the effort was well worth it. The extra lighting will make the area much more open and it’ll be a great help having a range of plug points in positions where they’ll be much more convenient and usable. Here’s how the place looked after I’d given it a bit of a clean and tidy up. In fact this was the first time that I’d cleaned the bench top in the eight years since I’ve been here. It was already filthy when I arrived and I haven’t started on the area underneath it yet.
The extra lighting in the rear will be a great help and once I’ve had a chance to have a bit of a clear out, it’ll give me quite a bit more usable space. I’ve got two more shelf units that I’ve not even unpacked yet so they will make welcome additions when I’ve got those set up in the back area.
Here’s how the area near the door ended up looking with the revisions that I made. I left the light switch where it was but added an extra plug point (there was already one there) and both now have proper earths.
The whole place now looks so much better even though I’ve only given it a bit of a clean up. It had mouse droppings all over but I recently got rid of a couple and I hope that’ll sort out my mouse problems for a little while at least. It’ll also help if I make a new door with no holes and gaps in it, but that’s another job that I’ll have to get on to later 😉