June 25, 2009


I know it doesn’t look like much, but just take a look at this pic.


Yesterday I received the air filters I need plus the throttle and choke cables that were originally connected to my engine, from Mark at Galaxy. So now, when the bits shown in this pic, which arrived today, are added to all the other stuff I have in my garage, I’ve finally got everything I need (ahem…. except for a prop 😕 ) to get MYRO back in the air! To say I’m thrilled would be an understatement – I’m absolutely over the moon 🙂

I was thinking about actually fitting the engine mounts this evening but I decided not to. Best to do things properly a step at a time starting this week-end. Doing things half-baked is when you make mistakes and I don’t want to do that.

The W002 Repair Form that I sent off to the BMAA about fitting new screen and door plastics plopped back on my doormat a day or so ago. Seems I stupidly failed to notice that I have to get the form signed by the Inspector who will check MYRO out in due course, so as we’ve already spoken a few times in the past (about Our Trike), I gave him a call and popped the form in the post to him. That will be the last ‘major’ airframe purchase I have to make, I think, and I’ve already been told by someone who recently did the job that it comes in at only £70-80. Well worth it I think in terms of achieving a considerable appearance upgrade.

So that’s it! Yipee – I’ve got more or less the whole of this week-end to myself and I can’t wait to get going 😀