I want to finish off the work on the wingtip so I can get the slat back on permanently and make my window of weeks 2 and 3 in September for a flight to the UK. I got a bit more done, progress was a bit slow because it involved painting which then has to be left to dry, but I’m getting there.

First a shot of the Savannah where I was working on it outside the hangar with its replacement right slat in place for the first time but with all fitting nuts still loose just in case it has to come off again.

null

And now a few more shots, in the daylight this time, to finish off the towbar saga. I have to say that it makes moving the aircraft very easy indeed and I’ll be glad when the new handle grips arrive so I can fit them and completely finish it off.

null

null

null

And now the wingtip. All I have to do now is mask it up, rub it down a bit and apply some paint. It’ll never look perfect but I’ll be converting the wing to VG, some time next year probably, when I’ve got my decks a bit clearer and can add the job to my list, and the repair will be perfectly adequate until then.

null

null

So that was it for today. There was a group of hunters roaming around the chateau’s domain today and my work was accompanied by the occasional gunshot and the baying of dogs. I think that they were after ‘sangliers’ (wild boar) but I don’t know if they got any. But at least no wayward shots came in my direction, which I was quite thankful for knowing what can go on with French hunting groups in the afternoon when they’ve enjoyed a glass (or ten) with their lunch 😉