I want to keep things moving along even if I can only do a little bit every day so today I wanted to make a start on stripping areas of paint off the inside of the pod where I want to do repairs and add a bit of strengthening. The eco-friendly paint stripper that I’m using turned out to be a a white gel that looks a lot like wallpaper paste. I put the pod on my lawn and set to brushing the stripper onto the areas I want to clear and after leaving it for half an hour or so – ie not that long – gave it a go with a paint scraper. I was actually quite surprised to find that a great deal of the paint had been attacked and was coming off so then I gave it a go with a piece of wire wool.
Then I moved the pod to where I could give it a wash off and hose down and was pleased to see that in the area of lawn where I’d done the job, a quick hosing removed all traces of the stripper and paint. The following pictures show how well the stripper worked.
They show that the method does work quite well. Obviously I’ll need to apply another application and although I have to be very careful about adding weight, I’ll probably expand and join up some of the areas. It’s not late as I type this so I’ll maybe have a quick bite and then give it another go.