Would have been perfect for flying, well wrapped up of course, but I had to take the opportunity to get back out and work towards finishing my tool store. And I came within a whisker of doing it!
I won’t get it completely finished this side of the new year I doubt, because it probably won’t stay dry enough for me to paint it with the solution that waterproofs and protects the wood. But who knows, we’ll have to see. The main tasks today were to fit the guttering and the roof edge trim pieces, and I achieved both of those. First some shots showing off the roof trim.
Now here’s a shot of the guttering. The outlet for the down-pipe is at the other end. I’ve not yet fitted the down-pipe but I’ve decided that it will discharge straight onto the ground, which slopes away from the building, at half a meter or so away from it so the water is taken away from the foundations.
Here’s a final shot showing the roof edge trim a little bit closer up.
So now all I’ve got to do is add the corner trims and apart from a few small bits-and-bobs the building will be finished. That means that I’ll be able to move more stuff into it, freeing up space for more wood in my wood store, which will be a relief as I will be glad to get a few stères in while there’s still some good dry oak to be had.